Sunday, January 22, 2012

Saving the World

Sometimes, I wish I could just save the whole world.
I wish I could solve everybody's problems and make everyone's life simple, happy, and            
          successful.
I wish things didn't have to be complicated.
I wish I could take everyone under my wing and help them.
I wish I could erase people's struggles from their lives.
I wish I could comfort everyone.
I wish, I wish, I wish...

What if there was no pain?
What if there were no struggles in this world?
What if there was no worry?
What if people couldn't make mistakes?

What if people didn't need saving?
It would be heaven on earth.

As much as I wish and wonder what if? I know that if all that was true, we wouldn't need Christ.

Whether we know it or not, we all need saving.
We all need someone to do the saving.
No one is strong enough, great enough, perfect enough to save us from our greatest enemy.
No one except Christ.

I obviously can't save the world, but I can point to the One who can...

No comments:

Post a Comment